Every person has their own identity and culture. The way we describe ourselves is heavily influenced by culture. A person’s values and morals are shaped by their culture, which they take with them for the rest of their life. Culture determines who a person is today and who he or she will become in the future. A person’s identity would not exist if they did not have their own culture and ideas that they have carried through the years. Culture influences people’s behavior, etiquette, and morals, all of which shape their identities. People only recognize others based on the features listed above. Their cultural roots determine whether they are good or bad individuals. As a result, culture has a big influence on people’s identities.

When I came to Canada I met a good friend, his name was Milan Busal, he was from Nepal. That’s why we were good friends and I was curious about his culture. So I asked him a lot of questions about his culture and background. Then I thought his culture and my culture were a bit similar. There are a lot of new things in his culture anyway. For example, the food they eat and the festivals they celebrate (Holi, Teaz). I am glad I met Milan otherwise, I never going to learn about his culture. 

Nepal is a country with more temples than houses, more god and goddess than people, and more festivals than days in a Year” as said by Sir Kirk Patrick. Nepal has more than 125 different ethnic groups mainly of Indian and Tibetan origin. All these ethnic groups have a distinct lifestyle and a different tradition resulting in colorful vibrant festivals celebrated in the pretext of socio-cultural heritage. The rich heritage of Hinduism and Buddhism has resulted in numerous festivals and occasions to celebrate. The festivals in Nepal are one of the major reasons behind the strong unity and tolerance among the people here. Some of them are, 

01- Maghe Sankranti

02- Maha Shiva Ratri

03- Gyalbo Lhosar

04- Holi (Fagu Purnima) – Festival of color

05- Ghode Jatra

06- New Year day (Nepalese)

07- Chaite Dashain & Ram Navami

08-Tiji Festival in Mustang, Manang, Humla, Dolpa, Everest

09- Budha Jayanti, the day of birth of Lord Buddha.

10-  Saga Dawa Festival in Humla/Limi Valley

This is a photo of Holi festival Milan celebrates with his friends.

It is the land where Gautam Buddha, the Light of Asia, was born, as well as the location of the world’s highest peak. In truth, Nepal is blessed with numerous magnificent natural scenery and resources, as well as people with enormous hearts. Although Nepal is a tiny nation, it boasts a sizable population. Nepal is a culturally and historically diverse country. It is a lovely park where people of many languages, castes, and religions coexist in peace and cooperation. Nepal was declared a Hindu country in early 2006, following the ouster of King Gyanendra in 2008. Hindus and Buddhism are the religions that majority worship in Nepal. 

In Conclusion, It is really interesting to explore about Nepali culture. I love to learn and gather more knowledge about Nepali culture and festivals.

Story outline

1 – Goal: The purpose of this story is to give the world an idea about Nepalese culture. At the end readers can get a good idea of Nepalese culture and festivals

2 – Audience: Everyone can be an audience for this information but especially my target audience is school children, university students and tourists

3 – Core Information: I do not have all the information and details I need to include, as I am still exploring Nepali culture, getting to know new Nepali friends and reading Nepalese cultural articles. I get a lot of information from my Nepali friend Milan. I will get more information from the internet, book articles etc.

4 – Detailed outline (each paragraph must have a main topic/information):

1. Title – Nepal Culture
  2. Introduction: Overall discribe
  3. 1st paragraph: How I met my Friend Milan Bhusal   
  4. 2nd paragraph: Festivals in Nepal and how they interact with Festivals 
  5. 3rd paragraph: What are the religions they worship  
  6. Conclusion: Nepal culture is one of the best cultures in the world and it is really interesting to explore and learn more in-depth about their culture.
  7. Where are photos going to be placed? : every paragraph i include a photo to get an idea clearly.