Hello everyone, I am Danindu Hasaranga Irugalbandara from Sri Lanka. I have 3 siblings (4 with me) and I have a twin brother. I have traveled to many countries with my family since I was a child. So I learn about people, places, culture and much more. Then I wanted to learn more about those things (people, places, culture). So, my brother and I decided to get a degree in Tourism Management from Thomson Rivers University.

When I came to Canada I met a good friend, his name was Milan Busal, he was from Nepal. That’s why we were good friends and I was curious about his culture. So I asked him a lot of questions about his culture and background. Then I thought his culture and my culture were a bit similar. There are a lot of new things in his culture anyway. For example, the food they eat and the festivals they celebrate (Holi, Teaz).

I chose to do a website about the culture of Nepal because I traveled to more European countries than South Asian countries. Also, I have never been to Nepal, but when I meet my friend (Milan Busal) I really want to go there and feel the same experience he often tells me. In this site I will do my best to share his experiences about his culture and what Nepalis believe. I hope anyone reading this will find something valuable about Nepalese culture in their lives.